The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc. (HJF) is seeking an experienced Biostatistician to support the Bioinformatics Core of the Collaborative Health Research Initiative Program (CHIRP) at Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS) in Bethesda, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to CHIRP.
CHIRP is a collaborative precision medicine research program between the National Institutes of Health and the Department of Defense with a focus on heart, lung, blood and sleep disorders.
1. Develop and perform statistical analysis for genetic association and genetic variant discovery in large patient cohorts
2. Perform experimental design and power analysis
3. Analyze statistical properties of alternative genetic variant detection workflows
4. Provide statistical consultation and data analyses for CHIRP investigators on genomics studies
5. Assists with the report of experimental results for publication in technical and peer-reviewed journals
6. Provides collaborative assistance to USU personnel that require the statistical expertise
7. May supervise junior informatics staff
8. Completes other projects as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Applied and/or methodological research experience in computational genomics or biostatistics demonstrated through publications; experience in power calculation and study design. Experience with next-generation sequencing analysis/GWAS, and programming in a scripting language preferred. Must also have demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team in a deadline-driven environment; detail-oriented with superior communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently, use sound judgment to solve complex problems, and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously under short timelines. A strong client/customer service orientation is essential.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Master’s degree in Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Computational Biology, Genetics, Epidemiology, or Public Health required; Ph.D. preferred.
Minimum Experience: 6 to 10 years experience required
Physical Capabilities: Prolonged sitting using a personal computer
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: Must be able to obtain a security clearance
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: May supervise junior informatics staff
Work Environment: Office or laboratory environment
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc. (HJF) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Please apply online at careers.hjf.org click “Advanced Search” and enter job number 210805 in the Job Opening ID box….
Don’t forget to mention Naturejobs when applying.
Apply for ‘Biostatistician (210805)’
Source: Nature Jobs