Postdoctoral positions available immediately in Dr. Xiongbin Lu’s laboratory, Department of Cancer Biology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas.
This position will focus on the identification of drug targets in cancer targeted therapy and immunotherapy using in silico and bench approaches. S/He will have opportunities to collaborate with physician and bioengineering scientists. The ideal candidate MUST have significant hands-on experience in immunology and mouse models (xenograft, GEMM models, etc.). Experience in cancer biology is preferred, but not required. Previous publication(s) as first author is a must for consideration. Salary is commensurate with experience and NIH guidelines.
Please send your curriculum vitae and the names of two professional references to: Dr. Xiongbin Lu, Department of Cancer Biology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application will be received until the position is filled. Below are the references to know research background in Lu Laboratory:
1. Liu Y, Zhang X, Han C, Wan G, Huang X, Ivan C, Jiang D, Rodriguez-Aguayo C, Lopez-Berestein G, Rao PH, Maru DM, Pahl A, He X, Sood AK, Ellis LM, Anderl J, Lu X (2015). TP53 loss creates therapeutic vulnerability in colorectal cancer. Nature, 520(7549):697-701 (profiled by Nat Rev Cancer, Nat Rev Clin Oncol, and Cancer Discov).
2. Wang H, Agarwal P, Zhao S, Yu J, Lu X, He X (2015). A near infrared laser-activatable “nanobomb” for breaking the barriers to microRNA delivery. Advanced Materials, 28(2):347-55.
3. Han C, Liu Y, Wan G, Choi HJ, Zhao L, Ivan C, He X, Sood AK, Zhang X, Lu X (2014). The RNA-binding protein DDX1 promotes primary microRNA maturation and inhibits ovarian tumor progression. Cell Reports, 8(5):1447-60.
4. Wan G, Zhang X, Langley RR, Liu Y, Hu X, Han C, Peng G, Jones SN, Lu X (2013). DNA-damage-induced nuclear export of precursor microRNAs is regulated by the ATM–AKT pathway. Cell Reports, 3(6):2100-12.
5. Zhang X, Wan G, Berger FG, He X, Lu X (2011). The ATM kinase induces microRNA biogenesis in the DNA damage response. Molecular Cell, 41(4):371-383 (commented in the same issue and recommended by Faculty of 1000).
6. Wan G, Mathur R, Hu X, Zhang X, Lu X (2011). miRNA response to DNA damage. Trends in Biomedical Sciences, 36(9):478-84.
Don’t forget to mention Naturejobs when applying.
Apply for ‘Cancer Biology/Immunology Postdoc’
Source: Nature Jobs